Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
I Agree

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Richard Ruquist on May 15, 2002 14:11:55 UTC

Evolution is evil at least as practiced by humans. But it is also fact.

I believe that god continues to create the universe.

My objection to young earth creationists is that their stance is anti-intellectual and inherently anti-science.

Science has the method beyond all others, god given in my opinion, to establish what is true and what is not true, within the limited sphere of materialism.

Science still has more questions than answers, but comes closer to the truth than any other method, including revelation. That is because revelation is distorted by human communication and is not self-correcting. Science via experiments and observations is self-correcting.

In the past, over and over again, philosophy and science have been circumvented by political choice to adopt one particular one over all others. Philosophy and science has flourished when the so-called academic freedom was most cherished with the least interference from the state and in addition, two or more oppositional modes of thought were vying for acceptance. It has been most creative when the state has supported all modes of thought, and least when only one mode was supported. That happened in Rome, in India, in China and especially in Islam.

Let's not let it happen in western society.

Regards,

Richard

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
    Additional Information
    Google

Web www.astronomy.net
    DayNightLine
    About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
    Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
    Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
    "dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
    are trademarks of John Huggins