Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Sorry You Are Wrong

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Scott Abernathy on May 15, 2002 12:43:32 UTC

While these gentleman may have earned a degree from a university, they are not credible. No scientist who understands the NATURE of science could ever support a hypothesis that included God. If they do, then they are not credible. God may very well exist, and it is possible that it created the world, but we can never verify this scientifically - it not possible by scientific standards. All the name dropping in the world will not change the fact that science cannot prove or disprove the existence of God. These "scientists" are obviously working on the fringe of their discipline. There are also lots of scientists who believe in UFO's. Bigfoot. Lochness Monster. Planet X. Lots and lots of people are working on the fringe, and that is great for science - because it adds depth and scrutiny to others theories, but it does not make them right. No other theory has the breadth of evidence that evolution by natural selection has developed. These scientists that you mention are not credible because of their using God as a mechanism to explain existence and creation. It cannot and will not be accepted short of the second coming. When that happens and we all witness it then I will concede the "Truth". Until then I will stick with good old fashion logical and rational science. I do believe in a God, not your God, but a God. I have my opinions, but am also open to logical and unbiased opinions. It is you that has been indoctrinated into a narrow minded way of thinking. You will never see this because you cannot change your opinion - you have too much at stake (as you see it). Your salvation and eternal life is at stake if you are wrong. When new and credible evidence comes to light and there is a shift in scientific thinking, I will change my worldviews. My beliefs are as malleable and changing as science itself. That is what is great about science. Evolutionary theory has changed vastly since the days of Darwin. We didn't even know or understand the gene back then. Things change, sir, and you must change with them. Your lack of understanding the nature of science will prevent you from ever realizing what I am saying. btw, all you had to do was put the link on the post - copying and pasting all those names was a bit much. Don't you think?

Scott

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins