Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
My Children Are More Evolved Than I

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Richard Ruquist on May 14, 2002 13:55:15 UTC

All of you seem to fail to notice the action of evolution on the very micro scale, from generation to generation. The scrambling of genes in ones DNA, usually taking the best (usually the most dominant) genes from each parent is the dominant form of evolution. I can see it in the two generations that surround my family. On the average the children are bigger and smarter than their parents.

This is even seen in SAT testing where the tests have had to be constantly improved (read made more difficult) to keep up with the improvements in test taking by the students.

Improved envorinment also helps, like better nutrition, etc. But this is also part of evolution except that we are now ironically able to adapt the environment to us. And the peoples of the world who are unable to do this die much more quickly than we who can. Isn't that what evolution is all about?

Regards,

Richard

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
    Additional Information
    Google

Web www.astronomy.net
    DayNightLine
    About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
    Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
    Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
    "dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
    are trademarks of John Huggins