Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
It's So Late...why Am I Still Up? :)

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Sam Patterson on May 14, 2002 04:36:08 UTC

"Why don't you think that new genetic data can't be added? Mutations are more or less random: a different trait here, a new one here, one less there. If the mutation is beneficial, the creature lives, and passes his DNA on. And the mutation may have increased the amount of information. As Scott pointed out, the adaptation of bacteria to antibiotics. As they get more and more immune to more and more things, their complexity must also neccesarily increase. Agreed?"

Not really. What is genetic information made of?
DNA, right? And DNA is made up of protiens, right?
So where does that new protien enter into the genetic code?

You: "If the conditions in the laboratory match those in the outside world, what is the difference?"
You: "The only 'intelligent design' that seems to be present is that of the scientists who reproduced common natural phenomena."

If the conditions in the labratory really do match those in the outside world, and all scientist did was "reproduce common natural phenomena", then why is life not creating itself
in the wild right now? And if it is, show me.

There are probably a bunch of typos. Sorry. I really should go to bed. :) KC2GWX

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins