Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
It's Elementary

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Sam Patterson on May 14, 2002 03:18:59 UTC

"Moreover, you can't have it both ways. It's either all evolution or none. Micro-evolution counts. Why can't you see that? It boggles my mind. If a species changes with time, no matter how small, eventually the changes will add up to where it can be considered a new species. Adaptation is short term change. Evolution is the long-term accumulation of that change. It's elementary."

There is a limit to microevolution. Do horses have more genetic information than a fox? Yes. Were did that new genetic information come from?
Microevolution does not introduce new information,
in fact, it is generaly a loss of information.
Why can't you see that?

Me: "My question was if they will evolve into a higher life form. Like an ape into a man."

You: "If it is beneficial to survival, yes."

Are humans still evolving today? If we are, why?
Evolving is not "benficial to survival" now.
I'm not the fastest, strongest, smartest, but
I don't need to evolve to survive.

Me: "Ok, does life occur in the wild? If it is a common natural phenomena then do amino acids
commonly line up in the wild and create life?"

You: "Perhaps not commonly. But the chemical reactions needed are far from impossible."

Perhaps not commonly? How about never. Have amino
acids ever been found to make themselfs outside of
the labrotory? Give me just one example.

KC2GWX 73's

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins