Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Re: To Gregg

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Greg Armel on November 16, 1999 08:57:16 UTC

Apollos: Thanks Gregg, In your first section you mentioned that you feel the Bible is allegorical up until the time of Moses. Firstly, Do you study the teachings of Moses, and the Books of Moses? Secondly,are you referring to the new testament being misinterpreted now by the readers, or are you referring to various translations throughout the centuries? Thirdly ,I respect the fact that God is no respect to persons and wishes that all hear the message of forgiveness and love that Jesus taught. And Fourthly, I realize you may not be a chemist, but seem to have knowledge of science, and are you stating that God combined the molecules found in water or soil at an earlier time in the past, so that life could spawn from it at some future date? Sort of a master plan by the Creator of Nature?

Greg: Hey Apollos, I am not a Biblical scholar, but I believe the story of the Jewish exodus from Egypt is the first recorded occurance of God's Intervention in the affairs of man on Mankind's Behalf. Previously, He had provided men with Inspiration, but He had not been overtly involved.

The interpretation in the New Testament that I believe is in error is that one must accept Jesus in name to be received by God. God IS God for All Mankind, no matter the name invoked, even if no name is invoked. He Will Not turn away from His Creation, no matter the reason. :o)

Electrical discharge in the primordial atmosphere produced Organic Molecules. This has been reproduced by experiment in the laboratory. It is not Life, but it is Organic. This form can be perceived as capable of providing for the basis of Life anywhere in the Universe, no matter what enviromental conditions that Life must come to adapt to. So Organic Molecules can be perceived as the clay referred to Biblically that Man was formed from, because it can be molded into whatever form is necessary to produce Life that will suit the myriad variety of plantary conditions that exist ThroughouT the Universe. We do not know the means by which it becomes Life, but it would seem beyond doubt to be the first step in inanimate matter being converted into Life. We are made up of the Same Elemental Material that the Universe consists of.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
    Additional Information
    Google

Web www.astronomy.net
    DayNightLine
    About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
    Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
    Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
    "dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
    are trademarks of John Huggins