Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Okey Dokey

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Mario Dovalina on May 12, 2002 21:43:01 UTC

"You have probably never heard this before, but thats because evolutionist don't want you too"

On the contrary, any halfway decent scientist would be quite open about such a subject.

"That geologic column, with the Archaezic on bottom and the Cenozoic on top, does not occur
ONCE on the whole surface of the earth."

Eh? You're saying that the Precambrian rock is never below the modern rock? I think your sources on this are screwy, my friend.

"Adam and Eve. They contained all the Genetic information for all the
different types of humans throughout history."

So Adam and Eve's descendants degenerated into Homo Habili or were A&E themselves primitive humans?

You're trying to compress millions of years of human evolution into a few short millenia. If it really happened that fast, we'd be seeing it today. Statues of Julius Caesar would look more like a caveman than a modern human.

"So far, you seem to have used up to date evidence, but the Vestigal Organ arguement was thrown out long ago."

True, however their functioning is not as developed as it could be. The appendix does nearly nothing. Sure, it helps, but only marginally. If it were more functional, I would agree with you. But the fact that it does so little in us and so much more in other animals suggests to me that it's being phases out. By the way, what about the nipples on a man's chest? If man was made first, why bother with nipples and rudimentary breasts? :) Was Adam a hermaphrodite? There are many body parts that are halfway transgender. The clitoris is essentially the same as the male's glans, for instance.

"God's system of two eyes, one nose (etc.) works so well
why would he change it in vertabreas?"

So you are implying that our design is flawless? Why, then, do we have so much junk DNA and genetic flaws that cause cancer, mutations, etc? I large portion of our DNA has been left behind by infections from the past that more or less randomly change a cell's genetic identity.

"But to say that organisms become more complex
through random mutations is ridiculous. Where did that new genetic information come from?"

Those random mutations that are not beneficial are quickly bred out. Those that are beneficial pass their genes on.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins