Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Questions 7-12

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Sam Patterson on May 12, 2002 21:02:30 UTC

Here we go.....

7. You have probably never heard this before, but thats because evolutionist don't want you too. That geologic column, with the Archaezic on bottom and the Cenozoic on top, does not occur
ONCE on the whole surface of the earth. In fact, in several places it is nearly up-side down.

8. "Why would God make so many species of human?"

He didn't. He made two, Adam and Eve. They contained all the Genetic information for all the
different types of humans throughout history.
Kinda like my dog evolution post.

9. "How do you explain vestigial body parts?"

I'm suprised you brought this up. So far, you seem to have used up to date evidence, but the Vestigal Organ arguement was thrown out long ago.
The appendix has a use. From the website: http://www.nytimes.com/learning/students/scienceqa/archive/981222.html

"Like the rest of the gut, the appendix contains nodules called Peyer's patches where certain types of immune cells mature and "learn" whether or not to react to foreign substances by calling in cellular troops to attack the invaders. This function of the appendix is most pronounced in the first few decades of life and declines thereafter."

The Tailbone has a use also. Taken from : http://www.creationinthecrossfire.com/documents/VestigialOrgans/VestigialOrgans.html

"Evolutionists consider the coccyx or tail bone the remnant of our evolutionary ancestor's tail. The tail bone (coccyx) used to be removed when people injured them, and developed coccydynia (painful coccyx). Dr. Robert Franks says that he told his suffering patients to resist removal of the coccyx, if ever suggested. The tailbone has some important functions, starting with the role it plays in enabling us to sit. Ask someone who has had his tail bone removed what it's like to sit. That should have been an obvious function to the unprejudiced observer...Various muscles attached to the tail bone are important for facilitating bowel and labor movements, supporting internal organs, and keeping the anus closed. Concerning the coccyx, Evan Shute wrote:

"...Take it away and patients complain; indeed the operation for its removal has time and again fallen into disrepute, only to be revived by some naive surgeon who really believes what biologists have told him about this useless 'rudiment.'" [Shute]

Cora Reno says that the coccyx is merely the terminal portion of the backbone. "After all, it does have to have an end!" [Reno] Bergman and Howe go into much more detail on the coccyx in their book."

10. I read something very interesting about this
the other day, when I find it I'll answer this.

11. "How do you explain similar body structures over different species? Most [large] species, for example, have two eyes, one nose, one mouth, two ears, two lungs, a ribcage, a liver, two kidneys, a stomach, a bladder, a small intestine, and a large intestine. All in more or less the same configuration. Does this not imply relation?"

Of course it implies relation. They are related
because the same being created them all! God's system of two eyes, one nose (etc.) works so well
why would he change it in vertabreas?

12. "How do you explain the logical argument that an animal better suited to his environment will be more likely to pass his genes on to a new generation? That's all evolution says: survival of the fittest leading to the change in a species."

I'm not denying survival of the fittest. Adaptation is obviously a fact, and there is nothing harmful to the creation model in that.
But to say that organisms become more complex
through random mutations is ridiculous. Where did that new genetic information come from?

I'll do the Great flood questions later. Hope that is satisfactory. KC2GWX 73's

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins