Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Yes And No

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Harvey on May 11, 2002 22:54:20 UTC

Mario,

***What I'm saying is, is that if God has a specific, end result in mind, that his creations cannot deviate from, free will cannot exist. Agreed or no?***

Any plan must be taken as a whole, but you can reduce that whole into 'slices'. The whole plan of God cannot be deviated from by the decisions of free will beings. The creation is made in manner that our best efforts cannot thwart the will of God (as a whole).

The reduced 'slices' of the holist version of God's will can be specifically thwarted. That is, it is possible for free will beings to act contrary to the path that would be in conformance with the whole will of God. Sin is that which is not in conformance with the whole will of God (i.e., our slice decisions are not in conformance with God's whole will). Free will, in order to make decisions, will naturally make decisions that is not in utter conformity to the whole will of God. In order to secure the whole will of God, I think God instituted a natural world (evolutionary processes).

Warm regards, Harv

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
    Additional Information
    Google

Web www.astronomy.net
    DayNightLine
    About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
    Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
    Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
    "dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
    are trademarks of John Huggins