Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Evolution, Baby!!

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics
Posted by Scott Abernathy on May 11, 2002 21:27:23 UTC

Hi Emperor's new groove -

So you have no answer for radioactive isotope decay, eh? Well, I guess you like to pick and choose the points you want to refute. Your explanation for the formation of the grand canyon was well thought out, I will give you that much. Not to say I agree though, but I will give credit for a technical response.

While it may be true that geologic change can and does occur rapidily in some cases, it is not the rule but rather the exception. We know for a fact that the movement of the continents does not happen quickly, but rather very slowly. The Mid-Atlantic ridge is only diverging at roughly a few centimeters a year. That is including major and minor seismic activity. Do you have an answer for that? Why are there fossils of reptile species that no longer exist found the continents of Africa and South America? Did they fly across some 200 million years ago? Are you saying that plate tectonics is a work of satan to confuse us and test our blind faith to the lord almight Jesus Christ?

If you don't believe in evolution then how can you explain the declining effect antibiotics are having on our illnesses and infections. Obviously bacteria are evolving past our overused and outdated medicines. Shouldn't the same antibiotics be able to be used over and over again and again. If you concede microevolution you begin down a slippery slope that will lead to macroevolution. It is the logical conclusion.

Did Noah also put all the land plants on the arc? What about the trees and flowering plants that were only adjusted to dry land soils? Did Noah take every seed/pollen grain from every plant all over the earth, and preserve it? Did Noah gather up all the arctic, jungle, grassland, and desert animals? He must of had a great travel agent and very spacious storage vehicles! Do you have any idea how many species of beetles there are in the world? Worms (flat, round, annelid)?

I have a friend that you should talk to. His name is Cliff Riley - maybe I will tell him to write you a post. You share similar attitudes about the world and relgion.

Scott

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins