Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Visualization Was The Original Question

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Luis Hamburgh on May 11, 2002 16:18:52 UTC

Paul,

The person who asked the original question was simply asking for a better way to picture other dimensions. And my original post was specifically about visualization, not numbers. My suggested links to membranes were not meant as any serious mathematical correlation, just trying to confirm to the reader what he should have pictured. I’m not a mathematician, and I’d not come in here pretending to be one.

Even you acknowledge this – “What is ‘best’ in one circumstance may not be ‘best’ in another.” The tesseract may be a great model for number crunching, but I think not the best for visualizing. Some of us work better if we can see or imagine what we're talking about, I felt this person shared this crutch with me, and so I was simply offering what works best for me.

As for the insults – I apologize. You know me, a real hothead sometimes.

-LH

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins