Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Toning Down The "fluff."

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Luis Hamburgh on May 10, 2002 00:38:16 UTC

It's all unclear to me too, Mike, but one thing I understand quite well is personality. Oh sure, I pomp it up a bunch, but there is a solid understanding of personality types behind my assertions, and Stafford's is a textbook case of self-delusion.

>>>"All the references to personality have no bearing on the issue at all."

Wrong. My rudeness and tendency to avoid real criticism would certainly not be without bearing on the issue of my own, radical mathematical ideas (if I had any). Indeed, without a good grasp of math, it might be the best angle you've got to expose my incompetence.

>>>"You appeal to the authority of unnamed sources you do not even claim to have read."

Largely incorrect. I alluded to two 'authorities' (Alex and Yanniru), and on many occasions I've explained why I think Stafford's ideas are useless. In short, ya don't need math to see how using reductionism to tear down holism is a doomed approach.

Even Einstein was not alone in his ideas for very long. Our illustrious Stafford has found no support from the physics community, and he's been pushing this stuff for 40 years.

Without math skills, I have to use what I know. Maybe I should tone down the "fluff."

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins