Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Quick Comment On Your Comment

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Aurino Souza on May 8, 2002 13:16:18 UTC

Hi Alan,

Interesting post. Too bad your budget doesn't allow you to post more, I do like your approach even if I don't understand most of what you say.

Ever thought of moving to Canada? We have free internet terminals for the masses here :-)

I just checked "An Introduction To Philosophical Analysis" by John Hospers (p. 527 I think) regarding a discussion in that book about: do things exist un-perceived/ un-observed/ un-experienced?

You know, I pondered about this issue for a long time, and my current position is that the question is meaningless. The correct way to ask the question is "would I see an object if I could see it when I cannot see it?", which instantly reveals the foolishness.

Sometimes I share some of those thoughts with my wife. My wife is a very intelligent person, far more so than anyone here including myself. She was the one who taught me that philosophy is foolishness, but she says she has a hard time trying to understand why I agree with her but keep doing it anyway. I guess the only possible answer is that I'm a fool, which is probably the case.

Take care,

Aurino

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins