Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Your Explanation

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Aurino Souza on May 7, 2002 13:17:16 UTC

Hi Alan,

May I also add: what is "explanation"?

Give me some time, and I'll come up with a good explanation for what an explanation is.

Can Dick define:
"explanation", "system", "logically consistent", "mathematics", "number", "data", "unknown", "known", "adding", "subtracting", "multiplication", "division", "matrix", "partial differentiation", "definition", "true", "false"?

I don't know. My guess is that he would define those as 4234, 845, 937, 260, 1811, 7382, 3835, 623, 792, and so on.

"where does the LNC (Law Of Non-contradiction) come from? Simple: your head!"
I might disagree. Please explain.

Alan, anything you ever read came from somebody's head. I suppose the ten commandments are the only exception to the rule, as they were carved directly into stone. Anything else, to the best of my knowledge, has been put forward as a result of neuronal activity inside a human being's head.

(I acknowledge that "the Spirit of Truth lives within you"; in this sense you are correct).

Now I don't know about that.

Answer: sadness, wealth, harmony, homesickness DO EXIST and are as REAL as this computer.

Well, if everything exists then nothing doesn't exist. But even nothing must exist so I'm a bit confused...

This reminds me of a situation when I had to explain the meaning of the word "stuff" to a person who didn't speak English very well. You know, it's very easy to translate the word 'stuff' into any other language, but extremely difficult to explain it in any other way. So the guy asked me what does 'stuff' mean, and I said 'stuff' is anything. He asked back, "anything like what?", to which I replied "well, anything like anything". The thing went on for some time, eventually he got frustrated and gave up. He probably figured it out by now.

They are all patterns of relationships.

That would probably be a good answer for that guy. He wouldn't understand it either, but at least it would prevent him from keep trying.

You may now begin to understand how one may walk on water, walk through walls, etc. Cool eh!?

Alan, I walk on water every night. I also walk through walls, fly, travel in time, talk to dead people, talk to famous people, talk to God, plus a lot of other stuff I'm too embarassed to relate here.

I don't find it cool though.

Reality is what exists. That includes EVERY thought you have. Every thought.

You know, what would be of the world if it weren't for people like you, Harv, Dick, who know what reality is. I for one have no clue.

If you "know" what I and Harv are up to, please tell me!

No, I don't.

For what its worth, I think Harv is up to much what Luis Hamburgh seemed to be up to; that is, exposing fallacious arguments and wobbly thinking. And additionally more in Harv's case; also testing ideas that people put up here, against the known philosophical and scientific literature.

Yeah, that's what I think too, He's making sure that the Language Removed we put out here looks like standard, official Language Removed. If it doesn't, out with it!

splash! splash!

Careful not to get too wet!

Cheers,

Aurino

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins