Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
I Have A Principle Without Details....and Credit Goes To....

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Mike Pearson on May 6, 2002 19:50:26 UTC

That's great...give credit to your own religion
for being right about evolution...which would make more sense if the person who wrote Genesis was credited. You could then benefit from the whole body of that writer's work, and know he or she was treated honorably by the folks who quote him. But instead, an institution (religion) uses Genesis as its party line and claims God wrote it...or as it says in the Episcopal Bible,
people wrote it down after centuries of oral tradition. I like that the story is "close" on some points. Just not overly impressed with the ethics which proceed from it... by Jew or Gentile.
Actually ethics do not proceed from natural evolution but from our conversations, study, and thought.
Thanks for the straight line; hope my joke was real funny! Oops... I SHOULD have written a joke about evolution and Genesis but DIDN'T

....first one to tell a truly funny, truly erudite joke about it should get three cheers !(like the one about
the Creator of the Universe and the Age of the Dinosaurs, posted months ago). Even Alexander seemed to like that.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins