Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Aurino Please Explain!

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Alan on May 6, 2002 06:13:26 UTC

Hi Aurino

Quoting: (A) "So I ask you: where does the LNC (Law Of Non-contradiction) come from?"

(Aurino)" Simple: your head!"

I disagree. Please explain.

Quote: (A) "As Harv has pointed out, there is another, English-language everyday meaning for "reality"; basically: "what exists".

(Aurino) "Hmm... do sadness, wealth, harmony, homesickness, exist? Are they real, in the same sense that this computer you're touching is real? No? Is there a difference? So "reality" is not necessarily "what exists"?"

Answer: sadness, wealth, harmony, homesickness DO EXIST and are as REAL as this computer.

They are all patterns of relationships.

You may now begin to understand how one may walk on water, walk through walls, etc. Cool eh!?

Reality is what exists. That includes EVERY thought you have. Every thought.

If you "know" what I and Harv are up to, please tell me!

For what its worth, I think Harv is up to much what Luis Hamburgh seemed to be up to; that is, exposing fallacious arguments and wobbly thinking. And additionally more in Harv's case; also testing ideas that people put up here, against the known philosophical and scientific literature.

What am I up to? Exposing any fallacious arguments of my own; trying ideas; understanding Dr. Dick's paper; letting ideas stand or fall on their merits.

splash! splash!

-dolphin

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
    Additional Information
    Google

Web www.astronomy.net
    DayNightLine
    About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
    Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
    Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
    "dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
    are trademarks of John Huggins