Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Sorry Luis...rhetoric Can't Substitute 4 Technical Summation

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Residential on May 4, 2002 20:22:35 UTC

All the references to personality have no bearing on the issue at all.
I've seen no restatement which has both its feet on the ground. of a disproof of his theses

I've seen lots of utter fluff offered as rebuttal. There are plenty of examples of an idea not being understood by peers...and it is no condemnation of the peers.
And if Yanniru or anyone else did disprove it, (which is quite unclear to me)... Yanniru would have had much reason to be gentle, kind and courteous. For victory in math is indeed a genteel event, not a football tackle... and mathematicians have good reason to be subtle, since their practice is so like a house of cards. Except that its subtlety also shows how the universe holds together.
Your proposal that "I seriously doubt any of you physics PhDs in here are the first to debunk his mess" is an example of the most unscientific, unmathematic rebuttal ....

As Galileo said,"The appeal to authority (in science) is the weakest (means of proof)."
You appeal to the authority of unnamed sources you do not even claim to have read.

Mike

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins