Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Re: To Infinity (from Near The Bottom)

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Chuck Owens on May 4, 2002 15:44:28 UTC

Hi Scott,

Actually if one was near the bottom, one would have to achieve infinite speed to reach infinity from below, depending on whether you are talking about "aleph-0", or some higher cardinality such as "aleph-1", or "aleph-(aleph-0)", just kidding.

"Since, in my opinion, humans are the beings responsible for the development of the idea of morals, then we should be held to a higher standard. We should hold ourselves to a higher standard when they are our rules to begin with."

I agree humans should hold themselves to a higher moral standard. Civilization depends on it. Lack of morals only contributes to the downfall of society. In order for the human race to develop an advanced society, morals are needed. For example, if one cannot trust their leaders and their fellow citizens, how long will it take for society to collapse into chaos. Mutual trust is what enables us humans to progress as a species.
Of course you know that my opinion is that moral laws were developed in the course of interaction between God and the human race. I know that you probably disagree with me on that issue but it's what I believe.

"You have to look no further than the work of Jane Goodall and her observations of chimps. I have also read a book entitled "Bonobo", which talks about the lives of the only other primate to walk upright. BTW, Bonobo's are the only other primates to engage in frontal copulation. If you read Carl Sagan's "Shadow's of Forgotten Ancestors" he also goes into similarities between humans and chimps (especially the chapter entitled, "Gangland")."

I'll have to take a look at these books. They sound real interesting. Thanks for sharing that info with me.

Regards,

Chuck

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
    Additional Information
    Google

Web www.astronomy.net
    DayNightLine
    About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
    Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
    Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
    "dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
    are trademarks of John Huggins