Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
That's Not What You Said

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Harvey on May 3, 2002 18:21:57 UTC

Aurino,

Let me quote you ( http://www.astronomy.net/forums/god/messages/15941.shtml?base=30 )

"I long ago realized that the commonly held definition of illusion implies that everything we perceive is an illusion, but of course not a lot of people are willing to accept that fact. And so it is that I had to find a solution for the problem on my own, and the best solution I could find was to get rid of the concept of an external reality altogether. That is, I came to understand that reality is a creation of our minds, that it doesn't exist "out there" for our senses to passively absorb it, but instead it's created moment after moment through the efforts of our subconscious."

You explicitly said to Dick (in your more honest moment I suppose) "that reality is a creation of our minds, that it doesn't exist 'out there'..." Just remember, whenever you say things like "500 Harvs" or "It's a Circus", etc, then all I can think of is that you must be referring to this reality that is a 'creation of your mind'. Not offense, but I'm just trying to understand you better (i.e., your conscience is trying to talk back to you).

If you want to recant what you said to Dick, then I'll be understanding. We all make wild and crazy statements when we feel no one is listening. You should just remember that when you make such statements, you shouldn't do so on an internet forum. It's not like singing to yourself in the shower.

Warm regards, Harv

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins