Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Is That Just A Good Idea, Or Is It "the Law?"

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Michael W. Pearson on May 1, 2002 19:44:15 UTC

Aurino:
"Last Time I Tried To Save The World..... they laughed at me big time. With good reason, I might add."

That IS hilarious ! For one or more of the following reasons (please choose all that apply)
O The world must in fact be forgotten every day, not saved.
O Did you have enough room on your hard drive?
O Being 4-1/2 billion years old, it's survived more than we're going to throw at it.
O Do they need any more comedians at that club? I've got a few to try on them too !
O Who's "they?" I've been trying to find an audience like that for years ! Just kidding. I'm being serious here.

Aurino:
"Truth is, you cannot save the world, you can only save yourself, and even that is hard enough."

I've covered this...
1) My definition of "Truth" is related to Einstein's in his book Relativity.
2) I can't save myself. I'm only here a short time. I couldn't even save former versions of myself (not a big enough hard drive?)
3) Define world? Define save?

Aurino:
"But that doesn't mean you shouldn't care, you may not save the world by behaving decently, but at least there will be one idiot less. So try not to be an idiot, it's the best any of us can do."

Behaving decently might be defined differently by me than by, for example, the anonymous posters to this forum. Are you saying I should behave decently according to Harv's standard, for example? He also said I'm a bad poet. As far as I know, he's only read less than one percent of my poetry, and rushed to judgement.

Are you sure the best you can do is the same as the best I can do? And at what? What do you have against idiots? Compared to me, several folks here are idiots who you seem to like. In fact, compared to me, I'm an idiot. What's wrong with that?

What in God's green refrigerator mold are you talking about?

Mike

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
    Additional Information
    Google

Web www.astronomy.net
    DayNightLine
    About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
    Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2018 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
    Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
    "dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
    are trademarks of John Huggins