Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
A Book Once Tried The Same Thing

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Michael Wright on May 1, 2002 16:41:43 UTC

It's called "Genesis and the Big Bang." I can't remember the author.

One problem with your first day is that according to current theory, the protoplanets formed after the sun ignited. The initial explosion pushed much of the solar nebula away from the sun - and of course the heavier elements did not get pushed as far as the lighter ones did, thus the inner rocky planet and the outer gaseous planets.

The author of the book I mentioned above defines the first day as the moment of creation to (I think) the moment where electrons were able to be bound yo nuclei, thus allowing photons to travel (mostly) unimpeded throughout the universe.

One more thing - replace "God" with "The laws of Physics" and I'd say you got something there! ;)

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins