Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
"Top Minds"?

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Scotty on May 1, 2002 02:05:00 UTC

I don't mean to but in on your conversation, well, scratch that,yes I do. Ya'll are arguing a subject that was best categorized by one of the least educated yet notable minds of the 20th century. His quote,"Everybody is ignorant. Only on
different subjects". (Will Rogers) First of all, what is a top mind? And before you answer that, consider these questions.To whom is he considered a,"top mind"? Will his research save some part of humanity? What will it cost me? Can he walk on water? hit a baseball and actually know what to do
afterwards? And most importantly, the question that would definitely get him my vote for top mind. Why am I getting a slight miss when I hit 120 mph in my 56 Chevy! It has been my experience that on the majority, the heads of the department are usually busy procuring funds and taking the
credit for his departments success. Basically, the top minds know how to earn scientific genius status by simply being a politician, hiring the right people,and by convincing men of financial power that you're on the verge of discovery when in reality, you haven't got a clue! Now that, is a top mind. Scotty (don't ya just love first time posts?)

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins