Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
My Response

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Andrew Ogden on April 30, 2002 22:26:47 UTC

i believe the quote is "if ignorance is bliss, tis folly to be right"
i noticed that you put a lot of importance on objectivity, being that you said it atleast 5 times. the point i was trying to make is that god and science is so close. you have taken the opposing position to my argument, though i dont think you konw this argument all that well, because you have fallen victim to the science side. one side, the objective scientist says the same thing every time, i look at the facts. my love for my family or emotional status would have nothing to do with science. my point was how close the two are coming. how many religious questions can you answer for sure. me i can answer all of them, but do i know for sure, no. how many scientific questions do you have, and how many can you answer? see what i am saying. if you really knew how our brain stored thoughts, how our bodies evolved from monkeys, where we go when we die, or whether there is a purpose to life, then we would all be bored. see. science is as much a religion for as i try to make it for me. i want to find more, is a yearning for more which brought me here. i need information, new and outlandish about stars far away, so that i could contemplate existence with others. what is life if we aren't living it? things like the internet just bring us all the same information, an allow us to make our own choices on what is right our wrong. but it gives us all that wanting to go and look for more, cause i am not satisfied with christianity, or evolution, or islam, or judaism. theres more. and i still dont know a damn thing for sure.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
    Additional Information
    Google

Web www.astronomy.net
    DayNightLine
    About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
    Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
    Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
    "dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
    are trademarks of John Huggins