Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
A Lil' Literary Flexibility And A Lil' Literary Excellence

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Michael W. Pearson on April 30, 2002 18:32:50 UTC

Yasir wrote:
"So, that implies that 'ignorance' (defined earlier) is no 'evil' in the traditional sense

Response: If they knew better they'd do better -- my liberal motto since puberty (which came late). Jesus said the same,"Father, forgive them for they know not what they do."

Yasir wrote
That is what I wanted to say in the first post."
I don't know why didn't you understand the point.

Response: Maybe because you didn't say that in the first post. Or maybe because I'm the gentile
Yanniru warned me about. I don't really know what I am, but that's what Yanniru tells me.

Yasir wrote:
Secondly, I wanted from you an explanation of this: "internally inconsistent and biologically negligent". What does this mean? Please clearly state what do you want to say.
Moreover, you seem a bit cynical. Please avoid it. (nt) of course means 'no text'

Response: Of course. But I say it means nothing at all.
From ignorance proceeds a mishmash of errors --
including less than accurate explanations for what they are doing. Folks who do not understand the biology of the biosphere are managing the biosphere. Rush Limbaugh, one of our most influential blabbermouths, seems to understand almost nothing about biology except to serve his masters. No wonder...he hardly has any education.
Yanniru has corrected me on part of this...he assures me that our government is "advised" by scientists. Well, Yanniru's point is true but not disproving my point.

Since we agree about ignorance being sometimes innocent (though also sometimes a cloak for bad motives), I hope you see we also agree I am not so deeply cynical...but how can folks be trusted who are ignorant? How can their motives be good if they have chosen not to learn the full extent about the bottlenecks facing us in the exploitation of the natural world? Maybe Rush Limbaugh will wade in and prove he knows a lot about it.
Since you wondered why I don't understand it,
will you also wonder why I DO?
Sincerely,
Mike

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins