Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Re: Oh Please...don't Get Him Started

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Apollos on November 13, 1999 02:41:20 UTC

: Devil's Advocate: : I agree on one thing. I believe God is a "Grand Manipulator" of all things including the atom. He has the power to "make" what needs making that is pratical in the scheme of things. Man can also maniputlate the atom to a degree. All things have a purpose. Though I would like to ask God what was intended when he created the Duck-billed Platepuss.

: Greg: : After God approved of Evolution as the means for life to eventually acquire the most worthwhile form feasible, whatever the enviromental conditions, He really had little need for further involvement. Not to say that He is not further involved, but the duck-billed platepuss might simply be a fluke of Evolution, a mammal where laying eggs was more conducive to survival of the species due to hazards faced by the mother, or the newborn young, rather then being a product of design.

Apollos :Is this theory stating that God set it all in order, in motion, if you please, and left it to chance for the most part? If this is so, then which part does God become involved in? I agree He has the power to ultimately set the laws governing the universe whatever the environment, and that everything in Nature has to abide by that law. Do you think God made room for thought to be, flukes of nature, such as the platipuss, or was that also a design? Or, was that caused by an outside interference source such as environmental disturbances, or solar disturbances?

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
    Additional Information
    Google

Web www.astronomy.net
    DayNightLine
    About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
    Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
    Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
    "dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
    are trademarks of John Huggins