Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
I'm A Newcomer?...been Here 5-1/2 Months, Posted 1,000 Times

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Michael W. Pearson on April 30, 2002 18:15:14 UTC

Harv wrote:
"I was referring to the history of this forum (prior to your arrival). I didn't mean to snub any of the people who have recently arrived (e.g., you, Scott, or anyone who wants to participate in the future). ..."

Response:
I'm a newcomer?...been here 5-1/2 months, posted 1,000 times... funny definition for newcomer.

Speaking of "history of this forum" -- it would be fun to have some written...by each of us ! ...that would be an interesting study in divergence of interpretation. I assume your version would be more insightful than some, by my subjective reckoning, and less insightful than mine, by objective reckoning...(serious tease)

Harv:
"I just think it is odd that Counterbalance folks now make up 95% of the people who were here when we all came over here."

Response:
Could you please put that in equation form? I can't grok it as written. I think maybe you meant something different than you wrote ... *besides* the difficulty of being 19/20 of the people.

Harv:
"Maybe evolutionary pressures were too overwhelming when these 'predators' arrived?"

What are you saying? I don't get the metaphor.
Who are the predators -- the folks from Counterbalance?

Wr,
Mioke

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins