Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Gaining The World And Losing The Soul

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Aurino Souza on April 26, 2002 13:45:11 UTC

Mike,

Your questions are legitimate. In brief, this is how I see the problem:

For some reason that is beyond my ability to understand, intelligent people sometimes tend to become dehumanized. That's not true of every intelligent person, not even the majority of them, but it's certainly a common phenomenom. I have never met a "dumb" person who believes they have no soul, but I have met many "intelligent" people who think the concept of soul is foolishness. I suppose I could say they in fact have no soul, and by their own argument they would necessarily have to agree with me.

Dick has a soul, he explicitly told me that in private. He would probably never say that here, as the "intelligent" soulless people would chastize him.

Now on Ted. Have you read his manifesto? I did, and I was quite impressed with it. From a purely rational perspective, I think he's absolutely correct in his assessment, and fully justified in acting the way he did. I will probably be crucified for saying this, but that's what I think.

However, if you ask me, do I agree with Ted, my answer is "not in an eternity". I think he's a soulless monster, and I'm very concerned about the possibility that he lost his soul as a result of being too intelligent. And once you lose, it's a lot easier to become a monster than a cherub.

Oh well, I think I got myself in more trouble than I asked for. If anyone is upset with anything I wrote here, that only means I'm not making myself clear, so I apologize in advance.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins