Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Aran-san Wa Tottemo Muzukashi Desu Ne

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Aurino Souza on April 25, 2002 13:08:50 UTC

Hi Alan,

For what it's worth, I think you're a very intelligent person. However, you remind me of a Brazilian woman I met in Japan. She was, how can I say, a simpleton, a humble person with very little education. That's not why you remind me of her though, I just said I think you're very intelligent. The thing has to do with language.

So my brother-in-law, who lives there, tells me of this woman's communication woes. She spoke no Japanese at all, and for a long time was baffled by the fact that the Japanese didn't understand her Portuguese. She had no concept of foreign languages, can you believe that? It's true, I swear. Eventually she realized she had to do something about it, so she did what's natural for any person who's having trouble being understood: she started speaking very slowly.

If you picture the poor woman speaking Portuguese to a clueless Japanese, v e r y s l o w l y, and still not understanding why he would just reply to her with "gibberish" or simply ignore her, then you can get an idea of how most people here react to your posts. Most of the time, all we can say is wakarimasen

Maybe you should try and speak slowly?

Sayonara,

Aurino

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
    Additional Information
    Google

Web www.astronomy.net
    DayNightLine
    About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
    Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
    Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
    "dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
    are trademarks of John Huggins