Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
It's Hard To Get People To Rethink Their Ideas.

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Richard D. Stafford, Ph.D. on April 20, 2002 21:30:09 UTC

Mike,

Let's give him the benefit of the doubt for the moment. When you get old, your mind starts to go. I can defend that from personal experience. Yet at the very same time you may still know things that are very well defended and know that they are well defended in spite of having lost the ability to quickly defend them yourself.

Perhaps he understands that the model I map my knowable data into is indeed identical to the mental model used by all physicists (an issue over Harv's head). In that case, he could very well defend my results without fully understanding the individual steps I used to get there. Now he trying to follow that derivation exactly. That takes more understanding than the overview.

Please, let us wait to see what he has to say.

Thanks -- Dick

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins