Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Hi Infinity

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Cliff Riley on April 18, 2002 14:01:30 UTC

That was the most spiritual post I have ever read on this forum. I would like to share with you my prayer.

It came to me 4 years ago, while I was in a small town by the Florida border. I was looking for oranges to eat at a roadside stand and I saw a little girl who was asking her mother for ice cream. As I watched the mother and daughter talk I realized that I never did that with my daddy or mommy. I went back to my truck and teared and sobbed for nearly an hour. It was then that I began my daily prayer that has been with me ever since.

It goes like this.

Lord, forgive my sins
Jesus, pray with me and for me and never let me do wrong to others even if they do wrong to me
Lord in heaven, use your power to keep me aware and on the right path to your holy home
Lord, watch my family and give me the power to use my happiness to make them happy
Jesus lord, use me as your messenger to do your will on earth as it is in heaven

Amen

As for your prayer, I think if you believe it then it really happened. It doesn't matter what we think because it is your life. If you believe you talk to God then you talk to God.

I talk to God everyday and he tells me that I am good enough to be a man in this world and that is all I need

See ya around like a doughnut
Cliff Riley

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins