Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
One Such Experience I Had

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Richard Ruquist on April 18, 2002 14:01:14 UTC

Chuck,

In reply to your question:

***The idea to pray to God a prayer about questions that we all struggle with from time to time, and the idea to tie the prayer in to an answer that can be confirmed with real and immediate objective results***

I had one experience where my prayer was answered immediately.

It was when I was living and teaching children in a Siddha Yoga Ashram in New York state.

The women in the ashram were especially attractive, perhaps from so much good food and meditation and prayer. My wife had arranged with her guru for me to take this job as a separation from her; so I was particularly lonely at that time but still married.

So the sheer sight of all these attractive women was distractive to my state of mind. It became such a problem that one day I went to the temple and prayed to the original guru of that Hindu sect, actually to his statue, for some kind of solution to my personal failing, even though I am not the praying type. I just chant.

His answer was immediate. When I sat back on my seat I sat on my glasses and they broke. Thereafter I was unable to see women with enough clarity for any to be distracting.

Regards,

Richard

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins