Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
The Answer Is 'yes'

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Aurino Souza on April 18, 2002 13:15:06 UTC

Of course God is real, only a fool would think otherwise. I don't think that was the point of your experiment though, I think what you really want to know is, does God care about me? Well, that's the billion dollar question...

Now think for a minute. All religions teach that we are part of God. I don't think most people realize the full consequences of that. To me it implies that, to some extent, we are God too. The way I see it, it's a bit like the baby in the womb. Think of the mother as God and the baby as us.

The baby and the mother are two separate individuals but they are intimately connected. Everything that happens to the baby is felt by the mother and vice-versa, yet they remain separate individuals. The mother knows a lot more about the baby than the baby knows about the mother. The baby's world is the inside of a body very similar to his own, a concept no baby could possibly understand before being born. Everything that the mother does to the baby, the baby thinks it's coming from "the world", not from a being much like himself.

Now I don't know about you but I find that scenario very curious. Don't you think it's possible we are currently living an analogous situation? If that is the case, then the answer to your question is:

did God answer my prayer or did my subconscious mind simply make a very lucky guess?

I think God answered your prayer, and I think if you try to understand it you'll end up convinced your subconscious made a very lucky guess.

Think about that.

Aurino

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins