Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Thanks

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Aurino Souza on April 17, 2002 13:19:13 UTC

Richard,

I'm afraid my limited knowledge of physics prevents me from understanding the issue. As far as I can tell those symmetries you guys keep talking about appear to be very simple. On the other hand people say all sorts of things about symmetries which don't make sense to my limited understanding of them. For instance, the phrase "his data contained the shift symmetry" doesn't make sense to me as in my understanding a symmetry means the data won't change depending on how you look at it (which is the same as saying it's real). If I'm right (probably not...) data cannot contain symmetries anymore than it can contain "points of view".

Sorry if this is nonsense. It's the best I can do.

Thanks for your explanation anyway.

Aurino

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins