Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Symmetries

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Richard Ruquist on April 16, 2002 19:25:34 UTC

Aurino,

My initial take on Dick's theory is that he was assuming that his data contained the shift symmetry. All coordinate systems are of course shift symmetric. He later pointed out that he (and I boldly use this word) assumes that the data contains all possible symmetries including scale invariance. It's like God did not leave a stone unturned. It's good to mention god now and then on this forum.

The M/B theory is certainly circular, since the solution is put back into the problem, so it seems. I do not know if this is the same as putting the observer into the problem. From Smolin's book it appears that very abstract math is needed for this, and only one guy named Isham, was able to do it.

The book is very readable. No math. A few drawings. It read like science history. I find it to be fascinating.

Regards,

Richard

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins