Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Great Reply, Thank You For The Material

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Scott Abernathy on April 16, 2002 17:15:11 UTC

It wrote -
"when I was your age I wasn't ramming my sloppiness home against my intellectual elders and insisting sloppiness was just as good as their work. "

Maybe you were busy ramming something else home, big daddy.

I have never once insisted that my "sloppiness" was better than your "work", as you so affectionately put it. Work? Work? Where is your "work"? I am putting forth opinions, not "work" and I have never claimed to the contrary.

It wrote -
"when the Founder of the Modern Age, Isaac
Newton, was your age, he was doing his best work"

That is great! I am so happy for Isaac. I always knew he had potential, you know, with the apple following on his head and all.

I am not sure the point you are trying to make with that statement. I am not striving to be Isaac Newton, and you are obviously no Newton yourself.

It wrote -
"Until you start trying with all your might to get it right, you will be slipping backwards, not getting better. "

Are you the little engine that could? I think I can, I think I can, I think I can. Slipping backwards, surely you are joking, Mr. Pearson. Although I suppose you fancy yourself like a Mr. Feyman.

For the last time - I am comfortable with my logic and my opinions. I am not boasting when I say I think I am a smart man. Not genius. Not brilliant. But smart enough to hold my own against a man like you. Don't think I am not keeping up on the posts between Dick, Aurino, Harv, and yourself. That is all material I have read about and have opinions on in my own right.

I am not using my youth to excuse my sloppy logic, I was sincerely telling you my age to give you a representation of who my cohorts are and under what demographic I have been socialized.

I wrote you a sincere post about who I was and I have been cordial as of late, but I am taking the gloves off and it is open season. I hope Cliff can take it when I insult the "welcome wagon" of the forum and show him to be the intellectual fraud that he is. Look God and Science forum on Astronomy.net - here I come

A pissed off - Scott

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins