Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Women And Those Borne Of Women

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Michael W. Pearson on April 16, 2002 15:57:18 UTC

More PC mush. I like saying the same thing
sometimes too, but it's not scientific, or is it? What are the true
causes of complex phenomena?
Are you saying this of
"women AND womanish men?" Are you saying mannish women are less intelligent? That seems too hasty. Explain more, please.
What scientific evidence are you invoking?
Certain persons who were crucial in developing astronomy were women.
Did they claim the men around them were inferior?
Were they just being polite? I'm for complete opportunity for girls and women to be empowered and enfranchised, and frequently I am smitten by
their beauty and mystery, but my science won't
go much farther yet. And we already have better explanations for the crudness or goodness of men, including the management style of their women.
So enlighten us please, or I must put this man-bashing, as true as it sounds on the face of it, in the next scrap heap over from blaming of "whiteness and western-ness" for the world's problems. In the Spring,
a young man's fancy (and we're all young compared to a tall redwood tree)
turns to thoughts of love. You might be right, which is all the more reason to take the
trouble to establish it scientifically.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins