Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
God's Aim

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Aurino Souza on April 16, 2002 15:44:11 UTC

Paul,

I once had an interesting dream about God. I don't recall ever dreaming about the subject, this is the only one I can remember.

I was in a movie theatre. It was a large one, filled to capacity with hundreds of people. Everyone was enjoying the flick, then all of a sudden the lamp in the projector broke and there was no replacement available. Everyone went home earlier than expected. One unlucky fella happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time and got killed (can't remember exactly how). As a result of his death, the lives of several people changed dramatically, all because of an almost microscopic filament burnt out for no reason at all.

Then I got a chance to ask the Almighty for an explanation. Why did the poor man have to die at that moment? God said it was part of the plan for the universe, that all people involved had a lesson to learn. I said, "OK, I can understand that, and I can understand how you carry out the plan for the universe by making minute adjustments here and there without violating people's perception of order. But what about the movie, why didn't you at least let everyone finish seeing it? Couldn't you send the guy home without causing inconvenience for hundreds of people who had nothing to do with it?"

(this was my favourite part)

God laughs and asks me: "are you kidding? You have an eternity to watch movies, but you only have a few years to learn some important lessons. For your own good I can't waste the opportunity"

That was no ordinary dream, I can tell you that.

Kind regards,

Aurino

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
    Additional Information
    Google

Web www.astronomy.net
    DayNightLine
    About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
    Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
    Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
    "dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
    are trademarks of John Huggins