Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
What, For Sure.

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Mike Pearson on April 16, 2002 01:50:15 UTC

At http://www.astronomy.net/forums/god/messages/16151.shtml
Darwinpoodle wrote:
"I find it absolutely hilarious that Mike preaches from his soapbox about people pawning off someone elses
ideas as their own when he does the same thing."

Response:
1) I was NOT on my soapbox about persons pawning off someone else's ideas as their own. I don't know what you're talking about here. Do you?
Why don't you cite something?
2) I don't pawn off the work of others as my own. I use good ethics in attribution. If I have slipped anywhere and failed to attribute a quote, it is a very rare thing. I don't think you can find an instance. And you don't show any way of explaining human progress if everyone was just restating one another's work.

Darwinpoodle wrote:
"Your world views, your paradiagm if you will,
was shaped and molded by other people whether you like it or not."

Response: How is this different from anyone else in the world?

Darwinpoodle wrote:
"You are not as "original" as you think you are"

Response: Maybe I am EXACTLY as original as I think I am. You can't read my mind and have no standing to be taken seriously in such a statement.

At http://www.astronomy.net/forums/god/messages/16345.shtml Darwinpoodle wrote:
"Prove to me in your little memory bank of quotes that I called you a plagarist.
I will gladly put salt and pepper on my dusty old baseball cap and eat it up. I never suggested you took credit for others work..."

Response:
Never even suggested it, eh?

Darwinpoodle also wrote:
"I was simply stating that your knowledge of things is not original. Neither is mine, and to the best of my knowledge neither is anyone in here. "

Response: "In here" must refer to the ol' belfry. How do YOU, with your "literary style" so far displayed, practice the profession to Once again, you don't show any way of explaining human progress if everyone was just restating one another's work. One thing's sure; if your work improves, you will be borrowing more from me than I from you...

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins