Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Neither 'yes' Nor 'no', Quite The Opposite

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Aurino Souza on April 15, 2002 14:09:10 UTC

Hi Dick

This reminds me of a situation we had in the office a few years back. Our entire project was being held back by a sloppy individual, we were months behind schedule simply because of him. His work was sort of finished but it had too many bugs. He would fix the bugs and sent a new implementation to the testing department, and they would report a huge set of new bugs. That kept going on for weeks, the guy just seemed incapable of getting it right.

One day we had a department meeting. Our boss said he was being pressured to release the new software, so he approached the guy and asked him if he could fix all his bugs in the next few days. The guy talked his way out of a clear answer. Our boss got frustrated and simply told the guy, "I don't want a long answer, I just want a yes or no. So what is your answer?"

Again, the guy explained how the inherent problems with the technology he was dealing with made it problematic to assert the reliability of the particular function he was coding, or some other nonsense. My boss said again, "sure, but is that a yes or a no?". And the thing went on and on for almost an hour. I have never been to a more pathetic meeting, and I hope I never will again.

Even after one hour, the guy still failed to deliver a clear yes or no. Some people are like that, you know?

Have fun,

Aurino

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins