Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Is This Trash Really Necessary?

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Richard D. Stafford, Ph.D. on April 11, 2002 19:21:18 UTC

Scott,

I am afraid I have to disagree with you.

***** Scott:
Those answers contained all the poetry and brilliance of a 15 year old english term paper over "Casey at the bat". You just can't help but brim over with self-confidence and assuredness that you are the smartest guy in here, can you? Let me tell you something about those answers you gave me - honestly.

They stink!!

Aurino has been considerate enough to provide you with some very intelligent answers to some very stupid questions and your response has been completely thoughtless and rude.

***** Scott:
I have a few questions for you the enlightened intellect from who knows where.

You apparently intended to be insulting when you made that comment. Either that or you are not very bright. Aurino did not take offense but rather told you exactly where he was from, a kind and considerate response.

***** Scott:
1. Are you a holy man?

Now exactly what kind of a question is that for you to ask? It provides you with no information worth having! I thought Aurino's response was quite mature and thoughtful. In very few words he expressed a lot about his attitude on that subject: a very reasoned and subtle answer.

***** Scott:
2. If so, what is your affiliation?

Again, something which should be of no concern to you; and an answer which adds to and clarifies his position with good humor.

***** Scott:
3. What is organized religion to you?

I have no idea of what kind of a response you expected to such a childish question. Please, if it is not beyond you, give us an example of what you would call an intelligent answer to that question. Aurino's answer was clear and points out the lack of thought in the question.

***** Scott:
4. What is science to you?

My wife and I once went to a private party thrown by a relative of someone we knew. She had to bring a certain "special" relative with her and as we were providing the transportation we had some close contact. You remind me very much of that "special" relative. She was an oil heiress, about 35, unmarried, lived by herself and had never worked a day in her live. She asked 5 questions of everyone she met: What is your name?, Where are you from?, What do you do? (I forget exactly what the fourth one was.) And what is your favorite color? She never seemed to have any real concern with the answer; she would listen politely and then step to the next question. When she was finished, she would find someone else to ask.

I heard her ask the same five questions in the same order of half the people at the party. It was very difficult to avoid laughing when she got to the "And what is your favorite color?" If she hadn't been rich, she would have been stuck in an asylum years ago.

***** Scott:
I was looking for an intelligent response from a man who obviously has a high opinion of himself, and what I received were trite responses with no depth or thought.

I take that comment to indicate that you are incapable of seeing depth or thought in anything subtle.

***** Scott:
If you want to appear to be smart you should at least elaborate a little more - if nothing else it makes more interesting for the reader.

Is that what you are trying to do here? Appear smart?

***** Scott:
I only hope you and Mike may someday come to grips with the fact that only one of you may reign as supreme intellect in this, the God and Science forum on Astronomy.net. Wouldn't your parents be proud of the both of you for becoming the giants you are today.

And finally, you finish with a comment which serves no purpose whatsoever.

Have fun -- Dick

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins