Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Not Making Sense, Not Answering The Question

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Michael W. Pearson on April 11, 2002 16:29:35 UTC

First of all, I think I see where you get the idea I was ridiculing people all the time... it took me a while, since nobody bothered to support this accusation with a reference...because there were very, very few instances. But where they found the ridicule was when they read my reply and realized their statement had been so shoddy
and careless by comparison with my reply...and truly, in some times and places it has been illegal to know whereof you speak, and still is in vast areas of the world. But it's not yet illegal to know whereof you speak in this place, which is bad news for some of the posters here.
It makes them feel just terrible to find out the contents of their mind was the logical and informational equivalent of mouldy mush.

Now, replying to you:
Half the question I asked was why in the post that started the thread, before I brought the question up top, you COLOR-CODED the blame as "white." You haven't replied to that.

Poodle wrote:
"Lets face it, we have reduced native American culture to an insecure shell of its former self, we have created an African American culture that lashes out in anger towards every and all causes, and systematically excluded (true friendship) and exploited third world countries for the sake of raping them for their goods"

"We?" Was it you and Yanniru...Harv?

We have discussed this before you started using the name Poodle.

Is there a single native American culture or African American culture? Heck, do you have culture yourself? There's plenty wrong, but part of the problem stems from the fact that those two groups are viewed with such clumsy sociology by those who say they care about them.
And did you notice that the North American continent lacked a written language until the 1600s? There is no license to discuss history with less accuracy than science, even though you might feel your peers here set that example.

Poodle wrote:
"My work is surely "shoddy" and "flimsy", so please don't refute my claims, just poke fun at my logic - It is the only thing I have heard you do in here."

Well, Poodle, you make a true admission, followed by an unreasonable request, followed by a false accusation. Your habits of communication are like Harv's.

Poodle wrote"
"Do you ever actually have anything to add other than ridicule for peoples comments. Don't you ever just jump in to the debate with opinion?"

More of the same. You accuse the "West" and the "white" for victimizing peoples. It is more likely slanderers and sloppy thinkers like you who victimize them. You are beginning to seem to be another liar like Harv.

Poodle wrote:
"I am a proud American, and for that reason I do not condone the imperialist actions towards countries like Japan, Saudi Arabia, and other countries we try and control because it benefits our stock holders and lobbyists."

What are you proud about in America? You have just accused America of terrible things. Are you aware of the details of how things came to be as they are? Do you include in your catalogue of world-rape the actions of other nations? What is your source on these "America the worst" accusations of yours -- someone anonymous, like Harv? I think you are going to say it is common sense and common knowledge, and doesn't need to be supported by citations...

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins