Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
I Don't Have A Choice

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Scott Abernathy on April 11, 2002 12:40:15 UTC

What other power structure prevails in this country? I have only used the "Western" power structure as an example because it is what we have been saturated with all our lives. I don't think we should teach english as a second language or foist ebonics on already under-educated inner city youths, but the time has come to stop stripping other cultures of their beliefs for the sake of acclimating them to "our" point of view. Lets face it, we have reduced native American culture to an insecure shell of its former self, we have created an African American culture that lashes out in anger towards every and all causes, and systematically excluded (true friendship) and exploited third world countries for the sake of raping them for their goods. I believe there are inherent problems with the "Western" philosophy of world domination. I am a proud American, and for that reason I do not condone the imperialist actions towards countries like Japan, Saudi Arabia, and other countries we try and control because it benefits our stock holders and lobbyists. My work is surely "shoddy" and "flimsy", so please don't refute my claims, just poke fun at my logic - It is the only thing I have heard you do in here. Do you ever actually have anything to add other than ridicule for peoples comments. Don't you ever just jump in to the debate with opinion?

Have a happy day - Scott

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins