Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Social Darwinism???

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Scott Abernathy on April 10, 2002 14:21:28 UTC

I can't believe what I am hearing here. You are excusing meritocracy by saying that it is certain and predetermined. What about unequal access to government funded education. School districts recieve monies based upon property taxes, so rich areas get more money, better schools, and greater opportunities than poor folk. This is good!! This is fair!!! Meritocracy promotes a society of wealth being given and not earned. Just because little Johnny didn't go to private school with a silver spoon in his mouth doesn't mean he is not of worth or merit. This system we live is not as noble as we would like to believe. It is based on massive energy consumption from foreign countries and blatant advertising campains bent on selling useless junk to turn a profit for white(here is my racism again)fat cats playing golf and quoting Rush Limbaugh. What is next on the docket for you people, eugenics. Lets just start our perfect race of pseudo-intellects from this little group that sits around and discuss whether theories of reality are contradictory or non-contradictory. The fact is that this country is full of over indulgent, consumer/profit drivin souless bananna heads who are too morally bankrupt to have any far reaching vision of the future.

Your whipping boy - Scott

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins