Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
But I Have Solved It!

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Richard D. Stafford, Ph.D. on April 9, 2002 16:37:32 UTC

Hi Aurino,

I'm back! Thought I would comment on this!
\
***** Aurino:
On a more practical side, and as far as my meager knowledge of physics allows me to see, I think his paper points the way to solve one specific dilemma in modern physics, even though Dick himself didn't solve it. That would be the conflict between quantum mechanics and relativity. I think one has to be too silly to believe the universe behaves differently depending on how you choose to describe it. To me that makes no sense at all. More likely, someone blundered.

But I am afraid I have solved it! That is exactly the factor behind my comments that the physicists have a very confused concept of time. Their definitions are not internally self consistent. From my perspective (having fundamentally derived quantum mechanics as a pure result of the logical limitations on our ability to model the universe), a properly derived statement of quantum mechanics not only does not produce any conflict with relativity (neither special or general) it requires the standard relativistic transformations be valid.

Once one understands what requires the relativistic consequences, it is very clear that it is Einstein's confused concept of time which has lead to the conflict decried above.

Have fun -- Dick

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins