Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Don't Be Shocked

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Aurino Souza on April 9, 2002 12:42:58 UTC

Harv,

I had no intention to be rude, not anymore than you were rude to Alan a few days ago when you wrote a post entitled "Alan, that makes no sense". You were not being rude, were you?

I actually find our disagreement intellectually stimulating. If you were an idiot I could simply write you off, but you are a serious thinker whose arguments fail to make sense to me, so I feel compelled to try and understand exactly where you are coming from.

What I have learned, most of all, is that science means different things to different people. On one hand I have more trust in science than you might think, but on the other hand I'm fully convinced that some of our intellectual limitations just cannot be transcended, and whoever claims to have done it must necessarily be lying.

But please let's not dwell on that for now, after all this is Scott's thread (although the Medusa is about to steal it. as always...)

G'day

Aurino

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins