Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
I Won't Belabor The Point

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Harvey on April 6, 2002 21:16:51 UTC

Aurino,

I wasn't trying to say that you should let science run your life. What I am saying is that GR is a well-tested theory that has philosophical implications. One interpretation is the eternalist view which addresses those philosophical implications while being consistent to the theory. I'm sure there are presentist interpretations that also preserve GR intact, but this is not the Einsteinian view (for what it is worth). Bottom line is that I think we should let science continue to work on the problem and see what a quantum theory of time, space, gravity, etc will produce. Get some rest!

Warm regards, Harv

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
    Additional Information
    Google

Web www.astronomy.net
    DayNightLine
    About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
    Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
    Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
    "dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
    are trademarks of John Huggins