Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Some Multi-party Agreement I Think

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Alan on April 6, 2002 07:13:02 UTC

I agree with Harv that it should be possible with perserverance to expose contradictions wherever they are.

It is very good that Dick is at least talking to Harv; Harv is making more progress with Dick than you might think. Dick is gradually having to make distinctions and be more precise. If he is distracting our attention and doing magic tricks, these tricks can eventually be exposed.

Aurino: "Boy, I feel sorry for you! It sounds like you're expecting someone will give you The Final Answer. "
No; its just a simple money issue. I think Dick has some useful insights on physics, and that I have some understanding of those, and wish it didn't have to cost me so much to persuade him to clarify some things.

Re: the final answer: Jesus Christ gave us that 2002 years ago.

Aurino: "Life, the universe, existence, God, all that is a mystery, Alan. Always had been, always will be."

That is an opinion. To insist on it might make it a kind of religion! Man once thought he would never walk on the moon. Turned out he was wrong!
I do not deny the possibility of some mystery; but there is plenty that can be understood.

"Don't try to solve it, everyone who tried failed and you'll be no exception."

Certain things can be solved. Just recall when you were 1 day old for starters; I think you may be shocked by what you find! Very dangerous exercise though.

" Just revel in it, marvel at its beauty and its glory, thank God every single day of your life and trust Him that everything's gonna be fine. Everything else is just folly."
But be honest as possible about this!

I wrote: "I do not subscribe to Dick's religion."

Aurino: "But you seem to subscribe to the we-can-unravel-the-secrets-of-the-universe religion. The same religion physicists subscribe to."

"Secrets" of the universe? "Secrets?" Maybe they are not so secret as people think! We can unravel a lot. "Seek and you shall find; knock, and the door will be opened to you; ask, and it will be given to you".

I do not agree with this "booing" business. Nor do I agree with building false empires and cheering them. I prefer to just let life live in me and me live in life. So I cheer Existence; and try to avoid false gods.

Good we agree that children are closer to what Heaven is about!

-dolphin

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
    Additional Information
    Google

Web www.astronomy.net
    DayNightLine
    About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
    Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
    Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
    "dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
    are trademarks of John Huggins