Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
I'm Open-minded

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Harvey on April 5, 2002 16:35:05 UTC

Aurino,

***To be honest, I really don't understand why Dick keeps talking to Harv, as Harv has made it clear that he's not interested in what Dick has to say, especially if it goes against what Harv believes to be true. I suppose they just want to have some fun.***

I'm open-minded to what Dick has to say. I just happen to be in an odd and unique position to see gross mistakes in his reasoning process and voice those as we plod along in our discussions. True, I could either become dogmatic and say "I will never agree with you" and stomp my feet, etc, or I could throw out logic and reasoning and become another fellow 'worshipper', but instead I have decided to voice my honest disagreements and try to show that effective reasoning can triumph in the world - even among those who are really gung-ho on their views.

In any case, my view is that effective reasoning can flesh out contradiction after contradiction even to the point that someone who is gung-ho can no longer accept. Dick is able to allude this process by being 'undefinable' with a 'problem', but no matter, the process is fun.

Warm regards, Harv

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
    Additional Information
    Google

Web www.astronomy.net
    DayNightLine
    About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
    Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
    Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
    "dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
    are trademarks of John Huggins