Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Your Change

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Aurino Souza on April 5, 2002 14:28:55 UTC

Hi Alan,

I agree that he has got people thinking, me included! I have thought before though, it wasn't the first time I did some thinking!

I'm relieved to know that :))

Dr. Dick in his paper does claim to have found something to do with the conflict between relativity and qm.

I took it that he says there is no conflict, only the misperception of a conflict. That is, both theories are mathematically solid, which has indeed been confirmed by experiment, but the philosophical interpretation of relativity is wrong due to the fact that Einstein's treatment of time is inconsistent with his own definition.

My solution is this: qm is about "the density of action". Gravitation is about "the action of density". Relativity is a mirror through which gravitation-theory and quantum theory form reflections of each other.

If you say so...

Truth itself is definite. What, who; exists IS ALL that, who EXISTS. Truth is all there is.

Alan, think about this:

Whenever you say "something this" IS "something that", you are not adding information, you are just giving a different name to what you already know. There's a name for that kind of statement, it's called a tautology. Now let me tell you why I know most of physics is tautological, it's quite simple in fact. That ubiquitous '=' sign! Show me any equation of physics and I can prove to you, before any shade of doubt, that if you are being consistent then your equation can always be reduced to 0 = 0.

I would say the same goes for your long posts. When you build a long chain of this = that = those and so on and on and on, you are not saying anything at all, you just think you are because it's too easy to lose sight of what you are really doing.

Now take that and meditate for a week.

What do people make of Harold Aspden? See www.energyscience.co.uk for the work of another rebel physicist!

The world is full of crackpots, Alan. Have fun exploring their ideas, but never make the mistake of taking them seriously.

Take care,

Aurino

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins