Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Laws?

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Harvey on April 4, 2002 16:07:55 UTC

Alan,

***There are laws of comparing and matching patterns. They are from the law of non-contradiction.***

I don't agree that the principle of non-contradiction is a law. This is the principle that -(P and -P)

Translation in English: you can't have something be a particle and not a particle at the same time and in the same context of what you mean by 'particle'. But, this principle is not at all agreed upon in QM whether this is valid. Nature may allow a field to be both a particle and a wave (or not-particle) at the same time and in the same context of what you mean. Dialetheism is a movement within the logic community that uses paraconsistent logics to describe how this is possible (called a deviant logic).

***I can obtain major physics laws myself this way now. See my post to Yanniru.***

Alan, with symmetry principles one can obtain major laws of physics. This doesn't mean that symmetry is somehow proven to really exist in the universe. It may be that it is easier for us to see nature as symmetrical than not.

For example, the creation myths of each culture is remarkably associated with the environment that was unique to that culture. Mount Olympus was a key part of the myths of the ancient Greeks. Why is that so? We postulate based on what is simple for us. Perhaps 'musical chairs' is an effective analogy for you to understand the world, maybe Dick is more familiar with 'numbers', perhaps Alex is more familiar with symmetry, perhaps Aurino is more familiar with musical notes, and perhaps I am more familiar with cavils.

Warm regards, Harv

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins